The first thing to talk about implies OTAs. Yes, updating your Galaxy J7 with OTAs represents the easiest update process that you can complete. The best is that it can be applied automatically as long as you receive the Android notification. If you don’t receive it but you know that a new OTA is already available for your Galaxy J7, then you can force the flashing process by manually checking for the notification; in that respect, all you have to do is to access: “menu -> settings -> about phone -> software updates”.
But you can’t always apply an OTA, thus manually updating or downgrading your Samsung Galaxy J7 with stock Android OS will become a must. In that situation, you will have to follow a dedicated procedure which will imply in using a computer.
Don’t forget to charge your smartphone before doing anything else and then follow the steps from below if you want to learn how to use Odin for manually updating your Samsung Galaxy J7 with stock / official Android OS:
- Download Odin on your computer; also install the program by following on screen prompts.
- Download Samsung KIES and use the tool for installing the Galaxy J7 USB drivers on your PC.
- Get the official or stock Android OS you want to flash on your phone – you can download the firmware file from Samsung’s official webpage or from any other source you want (for example SamMobile).
- Unzip the update package on desktop and run Odin on your computer.
- Enter your Galaxy J7 into download mode and establish a connection between your phone and your computer.
- From the program click on “PA” and pick the update package. Don’t check Re Partition and Auto Reboot options.
- When done, click on “start”.
- After noticing the “pass” message displayed on Odin, unplug the USB cord and reboot your phone as you are done.