Fist download following files to root your Moto e.
1. Odin :-
2.CWM 184.108.40.206 For MOTO E :- http://sh.st/nbBtu
NOTE:- (You have to log in in your gmail account then click on this link. Then the page will ask you to send request to me. Click on send request and then I will approve this download)
Extract the ODIN folder to your computer. The folder does not need to be in a specific directory or drive.
Place SuperSu.rar in external SD card and put the card in phone.
ENTER MOTO E Download mode :-
How to Enter Moto E Download Mode
- You need to turn off your phone (press power key and select “power off”); also you need to ensure that you can use a computer and your phone’s USB cord.
- On the computer you should also install the Moto X drivers.
- On your phone press and hold the volume down key and while doing so also press power button.
- While pressing the mentioned buttons, plug in the USB cable.
- Connect your device with your computer.
- Your Moto X should now enter bootloader mode.
Open Odin.exe from the extracted folder.
It should be looking like this :-
now uncheck Auto reboot and F. Reset time and make sure no option is checked.
Click on AP button and select the recovery file you downloaded from Gdrive.
After all this click on START. When the process will be successful odin will prompt PASS in green color. Here all things are done.
Now unplug the device from PC and turn off the phone and take out the battery .
NOTE :- Do NOT start the phone after odin process.
After this , load your recovery mode.
How to Enter Recovery Mode on Motorola Moto E
- Press power, volume up and volume down keys at the same time.
- Keep pressing the buttons for about 3 or 4 seconds.
- The boot menu should be then displayed on your device.
- Use the volume down button in order to scroll down until you highlight the recovery option and then press volume up key once.
- You should see the Android logo displayed on your Moto E.
- At that point press Volume Up and Volume Down buttons for about 5 seconds and press power button once.
- In the end the recovery mode menu should be displayed on your phone.
- You can return back to Android OS by selecting “reboot system now”.
Now navigate to Wipe and format options then perform Factory reset , Wipe cache, Wipe Dalvik/Art cache and other wiping options.
Now Navigate to install zip from SD card, select SuperSU file from SD card and install it.
Must Read :