How to install custom Recovery and Root Lenovo K3 Note
Before You Begin
1. This should void the warranty of your device. Please proceed at your own risk. We will not be held responsible if your device gets damaged during or after the procedure.
2. You should have PdaNet installed on your PC. If you don’t, please install it first.
3. This should also flash a custom recovery on your device.
Download Required Files
1. Download Fastboot and CWM Recovery and save them to your desktop.
2. Download SuperSU and save it to your desktop.
Flashing a Custom Recovery on the Lenovo K3 Note
1. Right-click on Fastboot and CWM Recovery and select Extract here to extract their files.
2. Head to Menu > Settings > About phone on your device and tap on Build number for 7-8 times until it says you’re a developer.
3. Head to Menu > Settings > Developer options and turn on USB debugging.
4. Plug in your device to your PC using a USB cable.
5. Double-click on py_cmd.exe to launch a Command Prompt Window.
6. Type in the following command into the window and press Enter:
adb reboot bootloader
7. Your device should reboot into bootloader mode.
8. When your device is in bootloader mode, type in the following command into the Command Prompt Window and press Enter:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
9. It should flash CWM Recovery on your device.
10. When it’s done flashing the recovery, issue the following command to reboot your device:
11. Your device should reboot.
12. You’re done.
A custom recovery was successfully flashed on your Lenovo K3 Note and you can now go ahead and root your device using this newly installed recovery.
Using SuperSU to Root the Lenovo K3 Note
1. Connect your device toyour computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy SuperSU .zip from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your device.
3. When SuperSU is copied, disconnect your device from your PC.
4. Turn off your device.
5. Turn your device back on by holding down Volume UP, Volume DOWN, and Power buttons together.
6. Your device should reboot into CWM Recovery mode.
7. Once in recovery, select install zip.
8. Select choose zip from sdcard on the screen that follows.
9. Navigate to your internal storage and select the SuperSU .zip file that you copied earlier to be flashed on your device.
10. Wait for it to install SuperSU on your device.
11. When it’s done installing SuperSU, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
12. Your device should reboot.
13. You’re now rooted!
Must Read :